Monday, February 4, 2013

Recent *natural* beauty fav: NOW Solutions European Clay Powder



Over the past year or so I have been on a constant hunt for more natural products. This goes for everything. From the food I eat to the lotions and potions I slather on my face. I have become more and more cognizant of the long-term harm and harshness a myriad of of ingredients can cause.This is especially true with troubled skin. If you are constantly slathering on products with a laundry list of impossible to pronounce ingredients, it's often very difficult to determine the culprit if the product causes irritation. So, that being said, my newest motto is: simplicity is key.

Last week I was in my local health food store on the hunt for some new beauty products and I came across NOW Solutions European Clay Powder. It is a dry clay powder made of 100% montmorillonite clay, that can be mixed with water (or an liquid base of your choice) to make a facial clay mask. I am a huge fan of DIY facial treatments, so naturally, this product was right up my alley. And the best part... it was only $6.49! 

After using this product for the last week or so, I have to say, it is definitely a new holy grail product that I will continue to use forever. I have used it a few different ways and I am very impressed.

Mixed with water
This is the simplest way to use the product. Simply mix with water to create a clay mask and apply to the face. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with water. The mask is excellent at pulling out impurities to the surface of the skin and absorbing excess oil without over drying.

Mixed with water and jojoba oil
If your skin is a little bit on the drier side, it is suggested that you add a few drops of your favourite oil. For this I used jojoba oil and it worked great.

As a spot treatment
This is one of my favourite way to use this product. I take a very small amount of powder and mix it with a little water to make a thicker consistency and use it as a spot treatment on acne spots. I sleep with the treatment on and rinse off in the morning and the spot is majorly reduced. I love it!

I am still experimenting with this product and researching different combinations for DIY treatments. I have read some reviews suggesting using green tea instead of water and I think this is what I will try next.

Tell me, what are some of your natural beauty products. I love learning about new things to try!

Lots of love,

Jess

1 comment:

  1. Great post deat! So informative! <3

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...