Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's all about the CORAL! Four perfect coral shades for spring and summer

When I think of spring and summer lips one word comes to my mind: CORAL. I absolutely love shades of coral. It is a very wearable colour and compliments a wide variety of skin tones. Here is a list of some of my coral lipsticks that I have found myself reach for.


"Ravishing" by MAC
This is such a beautiful lip colour, perfect for any spring and summer look. It is a bright coral,so I like to wear it with a very neutral eye and soft cheeks. The finish is a creamsheen, so it is very moisturizing and won't give a gnarly dry lip look (I hate that!)

"Peach Parfait" #401 by L'Oreal Colour Riche
This colour is on the peachier side of the coral family (hence the name) and I love it. Of the four shades shown, this is the colour I wear most often. It is very wearable and flattering. In fact, it's so wearable I often feel ok applying it without a mirror. **Shock and horror!!* The L'Oreal Colour Riche line is so moisturizing and smooth, applying more like a lip balm than a lipstick. In. Love.

"Compelling Coral" #402 by L'Oreal Colour Riche
Also from the L'Oreal Colour Riche family, this is the darkest shade of the bunch. I like wearing this shade in the evening for a more dramatic punch while still staying springy. It is also so moisturizing!

"Blushing Coral" by Clinique
I have had this lipstick in my collection for years! It is so wearable and sheer. It is a barely-there kind of shade with a glossy and slightly shimmery finish. A great choice to throw in your purse or beach bag for the day. And like the L'Oreal shades, it is also very moisturizing!

What are some of your fav summer colours? I'm in the market for a new one! Comment below!

Lots of love,

Jess xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...