Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review: Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9 and more!

It is rare that I come across a product that truly lives up to its hype. After trying so many products over the years and spending so much money, I've come to join the camp of, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

Now, I have struggled with my skin from my late teens up until now in my mid twenties. In my early twenties I suffered from really bad cystic acne. I was prescribed accutane and thought I was on the road to beautiful skin. After Accutane my skin was beautiful, smooth and glowing. I was amazed! Then, about 1 year after I completed my treatment and my acne came back! Back to the doctor I went and was put on a second round of Accutane. My skin was perfect again, for about a year... and back it came.

Fast forward a few years and I still struggle with acne. Albeit, I rarely have the huge, painful cysts I once had, I have many white heads, black heads, clogged pores and just lumpy bumpy skin all over my face. I have found that this type of acne has been so much harder to treat and it's harder to cover with makeup because the skin's texture is so bumpy. I've tried dozens of products and I was fed up.

Enter Paula's Choice.

I recently stumbled across the Paula's Choice after doing some research about skin care, particularly BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid), as I learned it's good at unclogging pores and dealing with white heads and black heads. But I still hesitant order.

Then I stumbled across a video from on of my all time favourite YouTube Beauty gurus, Wayne Goss (AKA gossmakeupartist on YouTube). I have always really trusted his opinions on products and skin care. He was raving about Paula's Choice and particularly a new product called Resist BHA 9 and how amazing it was for unclogging pores and dealing with breakouts and imperfections.

I ended up ordering Resist BHA 9, Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant and Skin Recover Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol (which I use under my eyes).



After a couple of days I say immediate improvements in bumps and within about a week- noticable results. Even my boyfriend said something- and that says a lot!!

My skin care routine is not 100 times more simple, with less products, yet 100 times more effective!

Today I placed my second order with Paula's Choice and I am confident that it won't be my last!!

Have you tried any of Paula's Choice products? If so, what were they and what were your results? I'd love to hear!!

Lots of love,

Jess xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...